Deciding who sits where can often be a real headache for couples planning their wedding but fear not, The Wedding Team at Delamere Manor have compiled their top tips to make table planning that little bit easier:
- Ask your venue for a room layout early doors so you can decide on the number and type of tables to make the most of the space.
- Everyone will have an opinion so don’t involve too many people in deciding who sits where!
- To start, decide where you and your other half want to sit. Do you want a traditional top table or would you prefer to be in the thick of things and locate your table in the middle?
- After the top table the tables next to you should be your family and close friends.
- There will be people you know immediately who would work on the same table, so start with these first and then you can add in those who may be a little harder to seat.
- We know it’s obvious but group together people you know will get on but don’t be afraid to mix both sets of families and friends together on tables. Ideally though you’ll want to put guests with at least some people they know on each table.
- If you have lots of children and they’re old enough that they don’t need to sit with their parents, consider a children’s table – they’ll have lots of fun and parents will probably enjoy eating their meal in peace and some adult time!
- If you have older guests think about where they’re sitting so they aren’t close to doors where it might get cold and ensure easy accessibility for any guests with a disability.
- Ensure you get all your RSVPs in at least a month before your big day so you know what numbers you are working to and compile these in a spreadsheet.
- Take a look at some online table planning tools, especially if you’re opting for round tables. Hitched and UK Bride both offer free planners.
- Agree a deadline date with your venue for when they need the table plan by.
- Don’t stress too much. Everyone will just be happy to be a part of your big day!
Table plans are a great way of bringing a creative touch to your wedding and it’s one thing you know your guests are definitely going to take a look at. Here are some of our favourite ideas:
Fabric table plans
We love a fabric table plan. They are effortlessly stylish and can be easily matched to your colour scheme. Check out Made by Wood and Wood’s contemporary Feasting fabric table plan here.
Acrylic table plans
A big hit in the last few years, acrylic and perspex tables plans aren’t going anywhere. Elegant and crisp, Project Pretty have a couple of options worth taking a look at or head to Etsy where there are dozens of designs to choose from.
If you’re going for a more vintage vibe, individual and mis-matched picture frames set against a wood backdrop are the perfect option.
Take your design throughout all your wedding stationery including your table plan, invitations, place cards and menu cards. Our trusted supplier Jellypress, located in Cheshire, have a wealth of designs to choose from.
These definitely stand-out and are an elegant addition to your reception. You can either write out the table numbers and names in white chalk pen if you want a DIY option or if you’re not a fan of your handwriting buy a printed vinyl which can then be overlaid on the mirror or any other smooth surface including glass, chalkboards, wood and acrylic.
Naming your tables is another great way of stamping your personalities on your big day and sharing some of your shared loves and interests. Here are a few fun ideas:
If you’re a globe-trotting couple who love getting away, name your tables after some of your favourite holiday hotspots.
Bands or album names
If you’re big music fans, opt for the names of your favourite bands and albums which will no doubt also feature on your reception playlist!
Name your tables after your favourite cocktails and for a nice twist include a menu card with ingredients and how to mix it.
If you’re going for all out romance then you could name the tables after famous romantic literary couples – think Cathy and Heathcliff, Romeo and Juliet and Tristan and Iseult.
Maybe you’re a couple who love the great outdoors so you could name your tables after your favourite UK beaches or skiing and snowboarding fans might want to go with the names of their favourite ski resorts.
Delamere Manor is Cheshire’s most sought after wedding venue. To find out more, including availability for 2021 & 2022 weddings/sequel weddings, get in touch with the Wedding Team at Delamere Manor on 01606 261361 or email us at [email protected]