If you have a dog, chances are they form a very important part of your life. They are, after all, family! And when it comes to your wedding, you invite all the people you care about, so why not involve man’s best friend in your big day too? If you’re looking for some ‘petspiration’, our Wedding Team at Delamere Manor have given some paws for thought (sorry, we couldn’t resist!). Here are our favourite ideas.
- This is a great opportunity to give your dog a wedding makeover! A bowtie that ties in with the theme of the wedding will make sure your dog looks the part. If it’s a winter wedding, a smart dog jacket will keep them warm and dressed for the occasion.
- The aisle is where your dog can really shine. Whether they walk down the aisle with you, one of your bridal party or stand at the end with the groom or best man, it’s a lovely way to involve them.
- Why not give your dog the role of ring bearer? Attach your rings on their collar (but in an easily removable way), so that they can be involved during the all-important vows.
- If you know your dog is going to have a role at your wedding, there are lots of fun ways you can incorporate them from the beginning – if you’re having bespoke invitations, why not include an illustration of your dog on the invite or your save the date cards?
- Make sure to speak to your photographer about how you can include your dog on your photos – there are so many wonderful photo opportunities, from you getting ready with the dog by your side, the aisle walk, the family photos afterwards – and these are memories you’ll be able to cherish for years to come.
If you do want your dog with you on your wedding day, it’s important to think about the practicalities too. Speak to your venue to make sure they are happy for your dog to be involved and make sure you have a willing volunteer to look after them when you’re talking to your guests or doing the first dance. And of course, make sure you bring plenty of doggy treats to keep them happy while you’re eating!
Delamere Manor is Cheshire’s most sought-after wedding venue.
To find out more, including availability for 2021 & 2022 weddings, get in touch with the Wedding Team at Delamere Manor on 01606 261361 or email us at [email protected]